Our Client an international financial consultancy firm is looking to recruit an Audit Senior.
Job Summary: The Senior Auditor participates in and leads staff on audit engagements. The Senior Auditor is afforded the opportunity to undertake more challenging assignments, clients, staff responsibilities relating to auditing procedures
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risks.
- Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Communicates assigned tasks to the engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality accurate, and efficient results.
- Organizes personal effort along with those of junior auditors to e risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times.
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant Education and training opportunities.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
- Reliability Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and ensure successful results
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward the desired outcome.
- Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Ability to identify the underlying cause of an issue raise.
- Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk control and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing.
- Good communications skills along with good or developing negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances information and challenges
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting finance technology or the equivalent combination of education training and work experience.
- A minimum of at least 2 years audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CPA, ACCA, CISA, CFE)
- Public accounting firm experience is desirable but not required